May 8, 2013 Posted By Vanguard Attorneys
As Tampa motorcycle accident attorneys, we have witnessed the frequency and severity with which motorcycle accidents occur. The statistics alone are alarming. According to the National Highway Safety Administration, 4,502 motorcyclists were involved in fatal motorcycle accidents in 2010. Furthermore, bikers are 37 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a traffic accident and nine times more likely to be injured.
Vanguard Attorneys urges all bikers to ride safe. Below is a list of safety steps riders should follow to help make every motorcycle ride an enjoyable one.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
- Always wear a helmet with a U.S. DOT label
- Never drink and ride
- Avoid other vehicles’ blind spots
- Never ride in between lanes
- Drive Defensively
- Never Tailgate
- Check tires before getting on the road
- Always wear eye protection and gloves
- Always wear durable jackets, long pants and boots that cover the ankles
- Try to wear bright colored clothes