Tampa Trucking Accident Attorneys
Even under the best traffic and weather conditions, trucks are not easy to handle or maneuver. For this reason, trucks drivers require special commercial driving licenses and often go to truck driving school.
Truck drivers must be incredibly alert and aware of all passenger vehicles around them. However, in a moment of drowsiness or poor calculation, another person’s life can be forever altered or destroyed. In 2010, more than 500,000 large trucks and commercial vehicles were involved accidents. With the frequency of truck accidents, it is important to stay informed on the issue.
Common causes of Florida truck accidents include:
- Trucks tailgating / following too closely
- Tractor trailers jackknifing
- Trucks losing control due to overloading trailers or excessive speed on curves and turns
- Trucks cutting right turns too tightly, resulting in crushed stationary vehicles and bystanders
- Trucks making improper lane changes and forcing vehicles off the road or sideswiping them
- Truck drivers speeding or ignoring hazardous weather conditions
- Truck drivers under the influence of alcohol, Rx drugs, or illegal drugs
- Tractor trailer drivers operating rigs while sleep-deprived
- Trucks impacting with other vehicles, causing the hazardous chemicals or toxic gases they are carrying to be dispersed into the air and water
Florida truck accidents can lead to serious injuries for those who drive passenger vehicles or motorcycles. Far too often, a negligent truck drivers cause others to suffer traumatic brain injuries or spinal cord injuries.
Collecting Essential Pieces of Evidence
If you have been injured after a Florida truck accident, it is crucial to seek legal representation. As with any motor vehicle accident, it is important to gather witnesses’ statements and obtain photographs of the scene and all vehicles involved. There may be artifacts in the roadway, such as gouge marks and debris that will assist experts in re-constructing how the truck accident occurred. It is also important to obtain the truck driver’s travel and repair logs in case liability needs to be established.
To Begin Filing a Claim, Contact Vanguard Attorneys.
Please contact Vanguard Attorneys, so we can begin handling your personal injury claim. You deserve to be compensated for any injuries you have sustained as the result of a truck driver’s negligence, and we would be honored to help you move on.
Contact us to learn more about your legal options at this time.