Injured Motorists’ RightsRequest Free Consultation
In cases where an injured motorist misses work due to hospitalization or if the injuries simply prevent that individual from being able to perform his/her normal work duties, that motorist has the right to file a personal injury lawsuit to recover all costs and lost income caused by the accident – particularly when another party was negligent or otherwise at-fault.
Certain types of injuries are commonly caused by auto accidents and they can range from mild to catastrophic. Some of the worst traffic accident injuries result from drivers who are distracted, drunk or drowsy. If another driver was at fault, an injured motorist may file a civil claim against that driver and the insurance company for compensation. With respect to injuries and costs of medical care, a personal injury claim can help an injured motorist recover the costs of:
- Emergency Room Visits
- Acute Care / Hospitalization
- Missed Time at Work
- Follow Up Doctor’s Visits and Therapy
Following a car accident, retaining a personal injury attorney early in the process can benefit an injured motorist tremendously. The earlier an attorney is hired and involved in an automobile accident claim, the more time he/she has to gather supporting evidence and build a case. An experienced automobile accident lawyer will know exactly what information is needed in order to get a fair and reasonable settlement offer from an at-fault driver’s insurance company. If necessary, a good attorney will also organize the right information and be prepared to take a case to trial in the event that a fair settlement cannot be reached otherwise.
If you or someone you know is injured in an automobile accident and you feel the other driver was to blame, contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. Even if your injuries did not require hospitalization, an experienced auto accident attorney can help to recover the costs of medical treatment including any future doctor’s visits and prescriptions.
Automobile Accident Statistics
- In addition to fatalities, auto accidents injure or disable 2.35 million people each year.
- Most accidents and related fatalities occur on Friday or Saturday, with the majority of collisions occurring between 3-5:AM
- Nearly 37,000 traffic accident fatalities occur in the US each year
- Nearly 51% of fatalities in Florida and the US could be prevented by wearing a seat belt
- One in five drivers admits to having browsed the internet via smartphone while driving
- The #1 cause of all traffic accidents in Florida and the US is careless driving, which includes distracted driving, drowsy driving, and drunk driving
- The second leading cause of car accidents is a failure to yield the right of way