Personal Injury

Motorcyclist who Hit Deputy Patrol Car Charged for DUI

A 56-year-old biker who struck the front fender of a deputy’s patrol car, according to authorities, faces driving under the influence and DUI with property damage charges. The accident occurred on Sunday at approximately 12:15 a.m. that morning at the intersection of Seminole Blvd. and Park Blvd. in Seminole.

Deputy Brian Overton was traveling northbound on Park Blvd. entering the intersection when the biker, Robert Gold, driving a 2007 Harley Davidson southbound on Seminole Blvd. turned left, striking the front fender of his car, according to the release from the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office. Overton was not injured in the crash. Gold was taken to the hospital for non-life threatening injuries, but has since been released. Upon his release from the hospital, deputies conducted a field sobriety test. Gold was arrested at 3:26 a.m. for a DUI count, which carried a charge of $750, and a DUI with property damage count, which carried a charge of $1,000, and he was released on bond at 1:47 p.m. The investigation continues.

While the deputy fortunately had no injuries and the motorcyclist had no-life threatening injuries in the case here, often accidents involving a motorcycle and a car result in head injuries or fatalities.

If you or someone you know has been injured by a drunk driver in any sort of accident, then you may want to consult with a personal injury firm that can help you file a lawsuit. Our auto accident attorneys are committed to helping our clients seek compensatory damages to recover from their injuries and punitive damages to deter the drunk driver from injuring another person. If you have a legal question, contact us for a free consultation.

Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Get Started!
Free Consultation
Call us at (813) 471-4444
Email us

When you put your trust in our firm, you can be confident you are working with a team that truly cares about bettering your situation. To speak to a lawyer about your case, call our firm at (813) 471-4444 or fill out the form to the below.